Q. Do you accept credit cards?
A: Yes. We accept all major credit cards.
Q. How long do you keep images?
A: Most images are kept current for 2 years. Anything older is subject to an archiving fee.
Q. Can I purchase pictures online?
Q. Do you offer more than just school photography?
A: Yes. We do offer other types of photography on location or at our studio. Please call us for more information.
Q. Where can I get information on Senior Portraits?
A: Give us a call and be sure to check our Facebook page for any current promotions!
What to Expect for Photos
Q. How will I know when my child’s school portraits will be taken?
A: Picture dates are listed online for each school. The information may also be listed on your school’s website.
The school will generally send home a reminder that school portraits will be taken 3-5 days prior.
Q. What should my child wear on picture day
A: Keep in mind the type of portraits being done.
- Fall Portraits – We encourage students to dress up nice. Fall portraits are made on a traditional background that goes well with most colors, but bright colors photograph the best.
- For Sports/Clubs/Special Groups – Remember to take your uniform, equipment, and anything else you might need for your pictures. If your child is involved in more than one activity, that might mean taking multiple outfits/shirts to change into for the different activities/sports.
Q. What should I do to prepare for School Portraits?
Here are some simple tips to help you be well prepared for your school portraits:
- Hair: It’s best to get your hair cut at least a few days to a week prior to your school portraits. This helps the hair look more natural and helps avoid that “just cut” look. Be sure to comb/brush your hair and if possible take a comb/brush with you to touch up before your portraits. We will provide a comb if you forget yours.
- Clothes: Make sure to iron your clothes or do what is necessary to remove wrinkles. Try to wear clothes/colors that compliment your features (skin, hair, eyes, etc). Make sure that the clothes you choose aren’t stained, have obvious holes, and keep in mind that some graphic tees can be distracting.
- Make-Up: It’s best to go easy on the make-up. Use enough to compliment your natural skin tone.
- Brush Your Teeth: This will help your smile look brighter. If your pictures will be after a snack or lunch, take your toothbrush with you.
- Rest: One of the most important things that you can do to prepare for your school portraits is to get plenty of rest the night before. Your portraits will look much better if you look well rested.
- Smile: Just smile! Smiling in your portrait makes it so much better!
Q. What time will my child’s school portraits will be taken?
A: Most school portraits are made first thing in the morning. Sports, Clubs and other special groups are typically scheduled at different times based on the school’s needs.
Q. What happens if my child misses their School Portrait day?
A: Most schools have make-up days for fall portraits. Try to make sure that you do everything possible to arrive on time to school on portrait day and at least 15 minutes early for sports and club pictures.
Q. What is the deadline to place my order?
A: Send your order form with your child to turn in on Picture Day . Orders received AFTER your child’s picture time are “late orders” and may result in delayed delivery of your order.
Q. Can I order after the deadline?
A: Yes, but please DO NOT return it to the school. Please mail or deliver your completed order to our studio – 933 N Convent, Bourbonnais IL 60914.
If you have any question, Call us at 815-932-1230.
Q. What is a Fun Pack?
A: A Fun Pack is a combination of bag tags, zipper pulls, and bookmarks. OR bookmarks, bag tags, a door knob hanger, and key tag.
Q. What does the keychain look like?
A: The keychain is 2″x3″ and holds a photo on both sides (photos included).
Q. What does a Dog Tag look like?
A: Dog tags are our most popular add-on. Your photo is heat printed on metal dog tags. They come in pairs and include the chain. Dog Tags can be worn, displayed on your rear view mirror, or use them as a keychain (see below).
Q. What size are the photo magnets?
A: Photo magnets are 3.5″ x 5″ and come 4 to a sheet. Your child’s photo is adhered to magnetic backing and die cut.
Q. Can I choose a different style for the magnets or dog tags?
A: No. These styles may not be changed individually. They are chosen yearly by our lab.
Q. What is a Digital Portrait Download?
A: A Digital Portrait Download is a Digital file of your child’s photo. The photo can be downloaded as may time as you like. You can access the photo to download on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Instructions to download the file will be delivered to the school along with package orders. This may take up to 4-6 weeks after Picture Day.
Q. Is this a fundraiser for my child’s school?
A: Yes, some schools choose to receive a percentage of every portrait purchased. Others opt out in exchange for equipment or additional photo services.
Q. Can I make my own package or substitute items in my package?
A: No. Due to computer aided printing, packages must be printed as shown. We do offer A La Carte options for individual prints and specialty items.
Q. What does retouching cover?
A: Retouching will remove minor blemishes and include general touch-ups. It will not include brace removal or make corrections to glasses.
Q. What is the difference between Wallets and Mini Wallets?
A: Wallets are traditional billfold wallets and measure 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. Mini (Exchange) Wallets are designed for student trading and measure 1 3/4 x 2 1/2.
Q. How long does it take to get my order?
A: School orders are processed and sent to the lab within two business days of the photo shoot. Orders take approximately 4-6 weeks from the time the order is submitted to the lab until it will be delivered to the school. Please keep in mind that if we do not receive your order on your child’s picture day, your order may be delayed.
Q. Can I purchase my portraits online?
Q. I think I received the wrong package.
A: Please call our office immediately and we will be happy to assist you. 815-932-1230
Q. I received my package and there is a flaw in the paper.
Please call our office immediately and we will be happy to assist you. 815-932-1230
Q: I never received a confirmation email for my online pre-order.
Please contact us at 815-932-1230 and we will be happy to assist you.